Visit our website at http://100friends.org for more information

Support compassionate, practical and culturally compatible philanthropy

Support compassionate, practical and culturally compatible philanthropy
Support compassionate, practical and culturally compatible philanthropy

Thursday, July 08, 2021

Help for Bali with the assistance of Wayan Proding

Hello this is Marc. Here is a story about Wayan Proding from Bali.

Like everyone else in Bali he has also been suffering greatly during the pandemic. For example he has been growing vegetables to help feed his family. Wayan has many times taken me to visit needy families in "out of the way" places in Bali to receive help from 100 Friends. So I decided to give him $350 to help him and his family and another $350 to use for helping the needy in Bali. Here is his plan showing how he intends to use these funds. Probably we'll do another similar round in September.


Dear Marc Gold

100 friends

  I would like to say thanks to you and 100 Friends for your help support to me and my family.
I received your money $350 or 5.100.000 Rupiah for my family and another $350 or 5.100.000 Rupiah to give to other families who needs during this pandemy situation in Bali.
There are alot of us lost our job since government of Indonesia closed the Border on march 2020 for tourism to Bali.
For us in Bali tourism is our main sector, mean when no tourism also efect for the other sector.

We are in Bali stay healthy, but bad news since tourism closed since march 2020 I have no job. This pandemi is really conffusing for us. So far I don't see many case of this virus soround us in Bali but become big issue in media sosial like in television especially. Until now we don't sure yet when the government Will reopen the tourism in Bali. I use my time to plant some vegetable to support my family for survive. I really have no idea in how to handling this situation.

Yes, I really like and interesting with your plan.
Helping other such a very great way of life 👍👍 Happy to be appart of 100 friends in Bali. I Will do it first as your direction, I hope I can do it properly. You can keep guide me to keep do it in a proper way.

  I informed this to my parents and my wife. They are very gratefull to your help to us to support our family life during this difficult situation.
I disccus to my family about what we gonna use the money you give to my family. First I use to pay electric and family insurance total $30 or 400.000 rupiah. Than today I pay registering my daughter at kindegarden and buy uniform total $48 or 600.000 rupiah. And the rest of the money my wife Will keep for my kitchen and food product for my family. We think this should be enough for 3 month since we not sure yet when they will open the tourism.

  For the donation money another $350 or 5.100.000 rupiah. I will start giving some food product package contain of rice, eggs, cooking oil, and tea to the elderly people around my village specialy for those their kids lost their job since this pandemy. In Bali most of old people doesn't have any saving or retirement, so they just depending to their son.
Per package cost $8 or 100.000 rupiah, we give to 21 persons. Total spend for this plan is $140 or 2.100.000 rupiah.

For the rest money $210 or 3.000.000 rupiah, I plan to give cash $21 or 300.000 per person for those who has health problem or disable person.
For total 10 families.

  I will give you keep update and sending you picture, name of the person and a glance of their story'.

Thank you Marc Gold.

Best regards
Wayan Widnyana
( Proding )


Wayan:


Wayan and his family:





No comments: