Monday, July 09, 2018
Greetings to you from Baruipur Sitakundu Sneh Kunja (BSSK) and hope you are fine!
At the very outset I would like to thank you for the prompt kindness meted out to the kids of our Boys Home by you.
Have prepared a brief report for your kind perusal-
The roof of the room and bathrooms where 10 younger kids aged 10 years to 14 years used to sleep was badly damaged in a violent norwester storm on 29th April 2018. The roof which very old and was a tin one was wrested out of the iron angles and cracked and became full of holes as nails had been hammered into them while fixing them in the past.....
The tin sheets got blown away and though collected by the kids and stacked safely they could not be put to much use because they were badly bent, rusted and cracked.The bathroom roofs too had almost all been blown away and after dismantling the remaining few it was found that not much could be saved or be put to use as the sheets were badly rusted and started crumbling.
Works were highly delayed first due to extreme heat as laborers refused to work in the scorching sun on the rooftops and later because it kept raining continously and laborers refused to work once more, and this time because welding the iron joints would pose dangerous.
Fortunately for us we were able to start works on 26.06. 18 and it was completed on the 30th of June 2018. The kids are very happy to be back into their familiar place and are able to go to the toilets and remain dry and comfortable!
Money Received and Costs Involved-
Money Received - Rs. 60,000
Costs Involved - Rs. 41,240 (Asbestos Sheets to replace the damaged Tin Sheets) and Rs. 16,000 (Labour Charges)
Total = Rs. 47,240
Money Given = Rs. 47,000
Money Remaining with BSSK = Rs. 3000
Marc, another small request is that, could I spend the Rs. 3000 I have with me from the roof money to buy pant material to buy for junior kids please?
Uttara BSSK Children's Program near Kolkata
Nhan Da just started his business as Motorbike repairing this week, we are now trying to support him as much as we can because started a business is not easy especially for him, we also asking the community chief and authority to help as well. he still need to take care his younger siblings because his mother and father are still in jail
Family in Cambodia. There are six children, no parents (both are in prison). We are supporting them with food allowance but we have a plan. The oldest is a teenage boy named Nhann Da. We are making a plan for support Nhann Da the oldest one in the family to open the shop for repairing motorbikes. Here is the family:.
Please have a look for some update information bellow annd photo in attach file.
1. Mr. Nhann Da, the oldest brother in the extended family got a job as a mobile motor fixing in Andong on 10th of May, 2018, Sangkat Korkroka, Khan Prek Phnov, Phnom Penh city.
After providing him instrument and materials for running his business as a mobile motor fixing, now he can earn a little bit money five dollars per day to support his younger brothers and sisters, but he has to pay for daily expenses for them like daily snacks and food so it is difficult for him to save, every day he tries his best to fix the motorbikes or bicycles as possible as he can. It depends on the customers, some days he can fix more and some days he can’t fix so his income is not regular.
2. His younger sister, Mrs. Nhann Sophea is the second child after Nhan Da, she got married at the age of 19 years and now she had one child and she gets a job as a factory work with her husband.
3. His second younger sister, Miss. Nhann Sambath is 14 years old. She studies grade 7 at Chhouk Va secondary school both in the morning and afternoon.
4. His younger brother, Nhann Chamrouen is 12 years old, he studies grade 5 at Korkroka primary school in the morning and afternoon with SCCO program.
5. Nhan Chamrong is 10 years old. He studies grade 3 at Korkroka primary school in the afternoon, and morning with SCCO program.
6. Nhann Keo Veasna is 6 years old. Temporarily he studies with our teacher in the community with SCCO program.
7. Nhann Samnang is 4 years old. He temporarily goes to study with his older brother in the community, too.
Dear Marc, Greetings to you from Baruipur Sitakundu Sneh Kunja (BSSK) and hope you are fine! At the very outset I would like to th...
May 4, 2005 Hi, This is Marc Gold reporting from Phnom Penh Cambodia with the second report from Asia on the 100 Friends Project activit...
Phnom Penh, Cambodia Dear Marc, Here is a small report of Grandma Choun Kim (grandma lay on bed). We got the funding to buy blood p...
June 13, 2018 Balibago, The Philippines Greetings from The Philippines. I am here with Rossel visiting her daughter and family. Her da...