Visit our website at http://100friends.org for more information

Support compassionate, practical and culturally compatible philanthropy

Support compassionate, practical and culturally compatible philanthropy
Support compassionate, practical and culturally compatible philanthropy

Monday, September 28, 2026

Ika helping Mr. Udin - a vegetable seller and Mrs. Surti - an elderly widow in Sumatra, Indonesia September 27, 2026

Hello Mr. Marc and Mr. Rupak,

How are you today ?
I hope everything okay there 🤍
This is my report 

This is Mr. Udin. He works in other people's gardens or fields that are far from the city center.

Because of the haze and the long dry season that is hitting Indonesia now, many fields have burned down and he is having difficulty earning money. So, Mr. Udin came to my house to ask for help to repair his motorcycle so he can sell vegetables around the city.

At first he wanted to borrow money, but since I still had money from 100 Friends, I chose to give him help and not lend it to him.

I gave him Rp500,000 ($27) as capital and to repair his 

This is Mrs. Surti, she is an elderly widow who lives alone because all of her children have moved away.

She works as a rubber tapper in other people's plantations.
Due to the haze and the dry season, rubber tapping has been temporarily stopped.
So she is having difficulty earning money.

I gave her financial assistance Rp500.000 ($27)to help fulfill her daily needs. 








No comments: