Visit our website at http://100friends.org for more information

Support compassionate, practical and culturally compatible philanthropy

Support compassionate, practical and culturally compatible philanthropy
Support compassionate, practical and culturally compatible philanthropy

Friday, January 07, 2022

Uttara providing aid to the people of Dadpur Village in West Bengal, India

October 15, 2021

Dear Marc, 

How are you? This is my October report. 

I set off for Dadpur Village at 7.30am on 07.10.2021 to disburse medicines to some old and needy people who I had met on my last visit when I had gone to distribute groceries and seeing their sick condition, I had made up my mind to visit them before the pujas. 
Seeing the medicines which I had bought for them they thanked me profusely and I was glad that I was able to reach out to them by the support of the 100 Friends Project. 

After distributing medicines in Dadpur I set off for Shankharipukur where I distributed more medicines and then set off for Ramnagar Village at around 1.30pm to reach out to more sick people. 

I felt very disturbed to hand medicines to a 3 year old little girl who was suffering from acute kidney failure. Despite her parents selling off all their property in the hopes in curing their only child, they have not met with any success so far. The worst part is that the father has lost his job and now they will need to move out from their house as he had mortgaged his house as that is all they had now possessed. 


Medicines Distributed to Total Number of People in the month of October - 14
Total Amount Spent on Medicines - Rs. 8715
Money spent on transport - Rs. 1400
Total Expenditure - Rs. 10,155.00 ($137 USD)

Uttara














No comments: